No Drama, one of the UK’s leading independent rental houses for professional motion picture Camera, Grip & VT equipment, is looking for a Senior Prep Technician to work in our new Glasgow office.
This Senior Equipment Technician role is a full time opportunity for a hard-working and organised technical multi-tasker. The successful candidate will report to our Operations Manager and mainly be responsible for ensuring excellent equipment flow throughout the prep & checking in process. They will also make sure we’re consistently at the top of our rental game by evaluating current working practice and equipment packages and developing new methods of preparation, maintenance and testing where applicable.
The major part of the role will involve day to day preparation of equipment and supervision of junior drivers/technicians as well as liaising with our front of house team to ensure our high standards and thorough attention to detail are being met consistently.
Alongside this, the role requires professionalism with clients on premises and over the phone and unparalleled customer service to create and maintain long lasting relationships with new and existing clients. Please note this is not a junior position and experience is essential.
A minimum of 3 years experience in the world of rentals, commercials, dramas or features is preferred.
- Maintain all working functions of the prep floor, prep rooms, projector room and any prep related areas.
- Overseeing the preparing, loading and testing of equipment along with checking in customer rental packages from productions
- Managing delivery & collection logistics of our own kit and sub-hired items alongside the front of house team
- The technician will collaborate with and support crews, fine-tuning kit lists and ensuring our equipment is delivered in its best condition from ever-evolving product lists and tight deadlines to meet the needs of our customers.
- Offering problem solving/technical advice on phone/email and in person on set when required
- Supervision of junior driver/rental technicians
- Running the equipment side of our in house asset management system, completion of ‘paperwork’ prior to job despatch
- Upkeep and improvement of the kit side of our in-house systems
- Work with Operations Manager to develop more thorough and robust testing procedure for all kit
- Occasional set visits for kit delivery or to problem solve any technical issues when required
- Lens maintenance; we will train you in lens maintenance via manufacturer run courses from Cooke Optics, Zeiss & Leica - this would involve occasional residential training courses in the UK & Europe.
- Training in soldering and basic cable manufacturer and maintenance in house to enable us to manufacturer and repair bespoke short run cables for crews and for our kits.
- Basic knowledge of film production or prior experience in film production.
- Comprehensive knowledge of No Drama’s equipment rental inventory.
- Extensive working knowledge of cameras, lenses and accessories.
- Comprehensive understanding of the functionality of No Drama’s equipment and the ability to demonstrate and teach customers how to use that gear.
- Dynamic team player. Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work on your own initiative to meet client and company goals.
- Understanding the importance of attention to detail and communication in the rental environment, monitor your own work to ensure quality
- Outstanding customer service orientation and willing to go the extra mile. Exhibits initiative and is proactive on all client or equipment related issues. Possesses a sense of urgency and a high degree of professionalism.
- Well organised self motivated & disciplined individual with excellent communication skills and exceptional attention to detail in all aspects of their work. Ability to troubleshoot and provide sound, workable solutions when necessary.
- Ability to multitask and respond effectively to ever changing priorities and/or situations
- Willingness to learn about, research and understand up to date technology and current industry trends as they continue to evolve. Be an innovator, be prepared to offer up new solutions to existing problems or ways of working
- Excellent communicator across the board, be it verbally or via email. Ability to talk to people in a variety of roles - adjusting language according to their position
- Encourage & educate junior members of staff
- Computer literate with a technical mindset.
- Due to the nature of the industry applicants must sometimes be available to work evenings and weekends as the projects demand.
- Must have a UK driving licence and be comfortable driving our 3.5T vans. We are happy to provide some training for this if the applicant feels they need it.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Prompt and regular attendance is required. The position hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday with occasional extended hours.
Work Environment and Physical Demands: This job operates in a professional office & warehouse environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee will also be regularly required to lift and maneuver heavy equipment.
Closing date: February 14th
How to apply: If you are a confident and articulate communicator capable of inspiring collaboration with all and possess the qualities and skill set listed above, we would like to meet you. Salary is commensurate with experience, benefits to be discussed on application. email@example.com